With all of that amazing-ness being said, it's still just as important to take care of yourself during the summer. The sun can be a little harsh to our bodies, and with all the traveling that takes place, our bodily systems can easily be thrown off. Its important to incorporate practices and foods that are aligned with the external environment, to ensure that our internal one stays healthy and strong.
Check out some of these tips to help you stay balanced over these next few months!
- Tip #1: Stay hydrated. I know I talk about this one a lot, but it's crazy important. The excess heat from the sun and the high temperatures can easily dry us out, both internally and externally. It's important to continue taking in your healthy forms of liquid. It's recommended you take 1/2 your body weight in ounces on a daily basis. But also remember, don't drink cold water. Although it may be tempting to with the heat, cold will diminish that metabolic fire. Keep it at room temperature, and you'll be good to go!
- Tip #2: Favor foods that will help keep you cool on the inside, and thus automatically on the outside. Coconut products, aloe, mint, cucumber--these are all great additions to your diets this season.
- Tip #3: Try to avoid being outside during the hours of 10-2. These are peak pitta times, and summer is a pitta season. So it will only naturally be intensified. Stay indoors during those hours, and if you have to be outside, look for a nice shady spot to lounge under.
- Tip #4: Daily body massage with coconut oil! Again, we want to maintain our normal levels of hydration and oileation. Coconut oil is a great cooling oil that will keep your body nice and cool, all while hydrating and keeping it supple. Do this practice before you hop in the shower. Just lather up and soak in all of the creamy goodness that coconut oil can offer you.
- Tip #5: Just have some fun! Summer is all about spending time on the back porch and looking for fire flies, and hanging out with your family. Don't let the everyday tasks of work and home chores get in the way of enjoying all that summer has to offer. Summer is a beautiful season!