I like to buy bok choy in "baby" form, just for the simplicity of handling it while you're cooking and chopping it.
I generally use bok choy in any Asian-inspired dishes. You know, like stir fry, noodles, tofu dishes, things of that sort. But, last night I decided to try something a little different.
Check out this super easy, and ridiculously quick recipe! Let me know what you think of it!
- 3 baby bok choy cut vertically (make sure you thoroughly rinse these guys, especially closer to the root of the stem as that is where a lot of dirt gets trapped)
- Avocado Oil
- Moroccan Spice Blend
- Soy Sauce
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle the boks with a decent amount of avocado oil. You want it to cook thoroughly, but you don't want to drench it with oil. This allows it to stay crispy and juicy
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and Moroccan spice blend over the top (refer to pictures below)
- Splash a little soy sauce (~1/4 tsp) per half
- Pop them in the oven for 10 or so minutes.
- Pull them out when the very tips of the leaves are starting to crisp--you don't want them to be scorched
Serve with your favorite foods as a side dish, or enjoy them as a snack! Bon Apetit!
Comment below with different ways you use bok choy in your kitchen!