The best part is that they'r not loaded with sugar and heavy wheat flour. The main basis for these cookies is spelt, which is an ancient grain.
It has a ton of good vitamins, minerals, protein, and fibers. The best part is that since the heat season is coming here soon, spelt will help cool your body, as it is a pitta-pacifying grain. With all of these amazing benefits, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to scarf these bad boys down!
Enjoy these yummy cookies at your next tea party!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour + 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp orange peel powder
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Pinch of cardamom
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat your cookie sheet with ghee and flour
- Sift together all of your dry ingredients: spelt and oat flours, baking soda, orange peel powder, and cardamom
- Slowly begin to incorporate the flax meal and water into the mix. This will serve as your egg replacement and binder
- Next, mix in your ghee, followed by the maple syrup and vanilla
- You should have a nice consistency now for your cookies
- Scoop your cookies into nice round balls and roll them in sliced almonds
- Place at an even distance from each other
- Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes
Enjoy this delicious treat at your next tea time!