Nightshades are inflammatory, and aren't the best vegetables for a lot of people. So, what to do? Well, one, you can decrease your intake. Two, cooking them can help to lessen the effects. And three, using certain spices can help the digestion process a little better. Nutrition is a very simple science--and I really love it.
What's the secret? Cumin. Cumin can help reduce the inflammatory effects of the tomato, and of course make it easier to digest. So, try this pasta recipe with the freshest tomatoes you can find!
- 1/2 box of pasta (I used a spinach pasta)
- 3-4 tablespoons arugula pesto (get the recipe here!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 9-10 organic grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- Cook the pasta according to the box/instructions
- White the pasta is cooking, warm the oil in a saute pan
- Once the oil is hot, toss in the garlic and cumin seeds and cook until there is a nice aroma coming out
- Throw in the tomatoes and watch out for sizzling oil!
- You want to really cook the tomatoes until they are beautifully browned and somewhat wrinkly
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and place on a dish
- Layer the arugula pesto on top of the pasta, and then the tomatoes on top of that
Enjoy this delicious dish with all your loved ones!